The Illawarra International Women’s Day (IWD) committee is comprised of women from across the region who donate their time to raise awareness of women’s issues.
In a marketing capacity, Waples has worked on the IWD Illawarra luncheon since its inception in 2005. To date, the event has raised more than $200,000 for local women’s support initiatives.
Aligned with the global reach of International Women’s Day, the Illawarra IWD committee’s annual March luncheon has grown to become one of the region’s most anticipated events.
Through the event, the committee aims to:
- Bring women’s issues to the forefront and raise awareness to help drive change at a local and national level.
- Provide funding to local women and women’s support organisations, to support individuals on their path to success.
Waples and event partners Bluejuice Events work closely with the committee to deliver these objectives through an integrated approach, comprising:
- Creative services: Including event branding, collateral design, content creation and production.
- Sponsorship management: Drafting of communications and ensuring benefits are met.
- Public relations: Liaising with regional media, pre-event publicity and talent interviews.
Celebrating its 12th year in 2017, the Illawarra event has grown in size and scope. Success can be found within the following areas:
- Event profile: The March luncheon is now the biggest regional IWD event in the country. In recent years, attendance numbers have doubled.
- Media exposure: Several key messages from the event have featured predominantly in media, including special cover spreads in local print media and bulletins on WIN News Illawarra and 9 News Illawarra.